An assessment of the level of maturity of the competitive intelligence function within a South African retail bank.
- Authors: Heppes, David Wayne
- Date: 2008-04-22T06:16:35Z
- Subjects: South Africa , competition , banks and banking , business intelligence
- Type: Thesis
- Identifier: uj:8447 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/260
- Description: This research is a study of the level of maturity of the Competitive Intelligence (CI) function within a South African retail bank. In particular it focussed on the level of maturity of the CI function as evidenced in the various elements of its CI function, namely the key information needs of CI users, CI deliverables and capabilities, analytical products, relationship with management, sources of information, personnel their skills and training as well as the period of time the CI function has been operational. The results indicated that the CI function as a whole was at a Mid-Level of maturity, with the underlying elements of the CI functions surveyed and the literature review being supportive of this finding. , Prof. A.S.A. du Toit
- Full Text: