The utilisation of small groups to facilitate organisational change
- Authors: Potgieter, Johan Jacobus
- Date: 2014-04-02
- Subjects: Organizational change - Management , Group decision making , Small groups
- Type: Thesis
- Identifier: uj:4606 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/9950
- Description: M.Com. (Business Management) , Please refer to full text to view abstract
- Full Text:
The impact of in-group and out-group membership on cooperation in a South African semi-governmental organisation.
- Authors: Mamba, S. S.
- Date: 2012-08-15
- Subjects: Teams in the workplace , Cross-functional teams , Small groups , Intergroup relations
- Type: Mini-Dissertation
- Identifier: uj:9392 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/5829
- Description: M.Comm. , Firstly, this mini dissertation theoretically explored the phenomena of in-group and out-groups. Secondly, it empirically investigated these phenomena in a South African organisational context. This study adopted the qualitative research method and solely relied on the primary data collection approach, using the semi-structured interview. A semi-governmental organisation was the subject of the study. Data were collected from interviewees and qualitatively analysed to determine the causes of the in-group and out-group phenomena and their impact on cooperation in the organisation of study. Lastly, responses were analysed to determine whether the phenomena in the organisation of study confirm or negate theories in the literature reviewed. Thereafter recommendations were made on how to deal with the phenomena, based on the findings.
- Full Text: