'n Begeleidingsprogram vir familiepleegouers
- Authors: Slabbert, Ilze
- Date: 2014-06-11
- Subjects: Foster home care - Study and teaching - South Africa , Foster parents - Education - South Africa , Family social work - South Africa
- Type: Thesis
- Identifier: uj:11496 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/11192
- Description: M.A. (Social Work) , The goals of this study were viewed as the development and evaluation of a parent-training programme for foster parents related to their foster children; that 1s, to apply programme evaluation to a newly-developed social technological item, in this case a specific preventive intervention parent-training programme. The researcher formulated the following objectives towards the achievement of these goals: to present a theoretical perspective on foster care, on the ecological approach which was utilized in the development of the programme, and on programme evaluation; to develop the programme envisaged utilising the DR & U (Development Research and Utilization) model of Edwin Thomas; to evaluate the programme by inviting a group of foster parents, related to their foster children, to participate in the evaluation phase with a view to: * broadening the knowledge and insight of the participants on their foster care situation; * developing a more positive self-concept for programme participants, through improved insight into their foster care situation; * enhancing foster child-foster parent relationships through improved insight into the foster care situation; * improving the family relationships of the programme participants.
- Full Text:
Die funksionele gesin met adolessente kinders : 'n programprofiel vir gesinsverryking
- Authors: Smit, Christa
- Date: 2014-02-17
- Subjects: Family life education - South Africa , Domestic relations - South Africa , Family social work - South Africa , Parent and child - South Africa , Teenagers - Family relationships
- Type: Thesis
- Identifier: uj:4067 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/9417
- Description: M.A. (Social Work) , In a society where the demands are increasing, it will be expected of the South African family to demonstrate competence and functionality. Disintegration in the family life is causing distress and doubt regarding the role of the family as the keeper of social standards. The Government's concern and the renewed interest of academici, once again focusses the attention on the family. The importance of the functional family must be stressed. In this study the characteristics, functions, the achievement of family goals and the process of development of the white functional family with adolescent children is discussed. The program profile which is presented for the enrichment of the functional family with adolescent children's interactional processes is systematized into eight steps, whereby the family can assess their present functioning by ways of a self initiated assessing index with a numerical value. This assessment can be obtained by tabulating variables towards each other. Depending on the identified need, a program is designed which will promote and enrich enhancement of the existing good relationships within the functional family. It is the responsibility of the program designer to provide this family enrichment program with contents and to see that it focusses on the development of competence rather than on the changing of behavior. It is important that the necessary care is taken for this program to be family-susceptible and that it meets with the requirements of the family and profession.
- Full Text: