'n Ondersoek na die elektromagnetiese verbetering van die induksiesmelting van metale
- Authors: Dorland, Pieter
- Date: 2014-05-29
- Subjects: Induction heating , Induction furnaces , Electromagnetic induction , Electromagnetism
- Type: Thesis
- Identifier: uj:11247 , http://hdl.handle.net/10210/10840
- Description: M.Ing. (Electrical And Electronic Engineering) , The metals manufacturing industry is the link between the mining industry, where the ore is mined, and the manufacturing industries, where metals are utilized to create a wide range of products. Melting processes.are used in the manufacturing of metals from the ore, of which induction melting is one of the possible melting processes. In this study the improvement of induction melting of metals is investigated. A new topology for an induction melting furnace is proposed, and this topology is thoroughly investigated. The induction melting process is influenced by certain user-controlled variables as well as the electromagnetic layout of the furnace. In this study, the influence of these variables on the performance of the furnace are investigated through finite element simulations and insight is also gained into the influence of the electromagnetic layout of the system. An experimental induction melting furnace is described in this study, investigated and compared to the predictions from the simulations. Improvements from structural, thermal and measuring viewpoints are also investigated and implemented.
- Full Text:
Synchronous reluctance machine with magnetically-coupled, double three-phase windings
- Authors: Ogunjuyigbe, A. S. O. , Obe, E. S. , Nicolae, Dan-Valentin , Jimoh, A. A.
- Date: 2009
- Subjects: Electromagnetism , Electric transformers
- Language: English
- Type: Conference proceedings
- Identifier: http://hdl.handle.net/10210/22421 , uj:16198 , Citation: Ogunjuyigbe, A.S.O, et al. 2009. Synchronous reluctance machine with magnetically-coupled, double three-phase windings. Proceedings of the Electromotion Joint Symposium, 1-3 September 2009, Lille, France.
- Description: Abstract: Please refer to full text to view abstract Please refer to full text to view abstract
- Full Text: